Blogs. Articles. Newsletters. Social media posts.
Done right, your business content serves you and your clients to increase your visibility, refine your message, and share your work with the world.
Why content works
- It helps you test your message (what resonates? what falls flat? who’s listening?)
- It gets you out there and connecting with prospective clients, from a perspective of giving rather than asking.
- It builds your body of work, giving you a mine of ideas and concepts to draw on when considering your next book, course or product.
- It illuminates gaps and inconsistencies in your thinking, putting you in conversation with your clients and bringing clarity around what you offer.
- It’s a practice. And like any practice, writing teaches you about yourself.
If you’ve tried to keep up a blog, newsletter or social media plan and you’re wondering why those things don’t feel true for you, the answer is probably this: You’re missing a strategy.
A content strategy allows you to create within a clear, intention-driven container.
Think of it as a personalized map to get you from where you are now, to where you want to be.
Like any good map it flags the pitfalls, marks the path and makes sure you take in all the key points of interest. I won’t walk the journey for you. When you’re a creative business owner whose work is your calling, that’s a privilege that’s all yours.
I can help you plan a content path that feels clear, easy, and good.
Content mapping sessions are ideal for you if:
- You love writing (or are working with someone who does), but lack a clear strategy about what you’re trying to achieve
- Your blogging is sporadic at best and every newsletter starts with an awkward apology about it having been so long
- You thrive with a structure to write to (no more blank page!)
- You’re launching something new and want to refine your message and connect with the right audience
- You’re at your most creative when you work within a framework you can bend
- You get such intense downloads of things to share – or have so much experience in your field – it can be hard to find the golden thread that will be irresistible to new clients
- You’re creative… sometimes maybe a little too creative… and need reminding to focus on your ideal client.
Content Mapping – Strategy sessions for Creative Business Owners
Here’s how a content mapping session works:
- You book in a time that works for you, with one simple payment
- I send you a pre-call workbook to complete – juicy questions about your business, your purpose and your clients
- We link up for a call – 60 powerful minutes of connection, deep questions, new perspectives
- I go away and write up what we’ve discussed – your goals, content plan, calls to action and SEO keywords. You get a baker’s dozen of titles to choose from – that’s 12 topics with one thrown in for good luck!
- You get set for a beautiful next season of building trst and growing your market, knowing you won’t be stuck staring at a blank page again. Priceless.
I used to offer strategy sessions only as part of bigger, bespoke packages. Think six months worth of done-for you blogs, or a full suite of launch emails.
But real talk? I’ve been fully booked for months now. Between my beloved retainer clients, my toddler and my vegetable plants time’s at more of a premium than ever.
Standalone strategy sessions give you all the benefits of my idea-generating superpowers… without the 4-figure price tag.
Often, what’s stealing most of your time isn’t writing your content. It’s trying to think of what to write – and second-guessing yourself when you do it.
I’ll be opening up a limited number of these sessions in Summer 2019, exclusively to previous clients. BUT, if you’d like to get a handle on your content plan, you can click here to hop on the list.
I’m making the first 10 sessions as affordable as possible at a special price of £250… but when they’re gone, they’re gone, and the price will be going up.
I’m looking forward to mapping your content path with you…