Blogs. Articles. Newsletters. Social media posts.
A living ecosystem of content and copy creates the story of your business. It serves you and your clients to increase your visibility, refine your message, and share your work with the world.
Why sharing your story matters
Your business story isn’t a vague concept to be polished, refined, and kept hidden from the world. It’s there to be shared, communicated and co-created with your community.
Sharing your message through powerful, strategic content:
- Helps you test your message and find out how you can best be of service to the people you’re helping (what resonates? what falls flat? who’s listening?)
- Invites prospective clients to connect with the story they’re invited to be a part of when they work with you
- Builds your body of work, giving you a mine of ideas and concepts to draw on when considering your next book, course or service
- Illuminates gaps and inconsistencies in your thinking, putting you in genuine conversation with your community and bringing clarity around what you offer
- Becomes a practice. And like any practice, sharing your story teaches you about yourself, the world, and your purpose
Knowing your story allows you to create and share content within a clear, intention-driven container.
Think of it as a personalized map to get you from where you are now, to where you want to be.
Like any good map it flags the pitfalls, marks the path and makes sure you take in all the key points of interest. (I won’t walk the journey for you. When you’re a creative business owner whose work is your calling, that’s a privilege that’s all yours.)
I can help you plan a path for your content and copy that feels clear, easy, and good.
Story mapping sessions are ideal for you if:
- You love writing (or have someone on your team who does), but lack a clear strategy about what you’re trying to achieve
- Consistency is a challenge. Your blogging is sporadic at best, and every newsletter starts with an awkward apology about it having been so long
- Blank pages are your nemesis: You thrive with a structure to write to and a topic to riff on
- Your business has evolved, you’re launching something new (or thinking about it) and it’s time to refine your message and reconnect with your audience
- You get such intense downloads of things to share – or have so much experience in your field – it can be hard to find the golden thread that meets your clients where you’re at
- You’re creative… sometimes maybe a little too creative… and need reminding to focus on your ideal client.
Story Mapping – Strategy sessions for Creative Business Owners
Here’s how a story mapping session works:
- You book in a time that works for you, with one simple payment
- I send you a pre-call questionnaire to complete – juicy questions about your business, your purpose and your clients
- We link up for a zoom session – 90 powerful minutes of connection, deep questions, new perspectives
- I go away and write up what we’ve discussed – your goals, content plan, calls to action and SEO keywords. You get a baker’s dozen of topic titles to choose from – that’s 12 topics with one thrown in for good luck!
- You get set for a beautiful next season of building trust and growing your market, knowing you won’t be stuck staring at a blank page again. Priceless.
I’ll be opening up a limited number of these sessions in Summer 2019. Click here to hop on the list.
I’m looking forward to mapping your path with you…